Connect with us

News

Uneb Suspends Equating of Academic Documents

Published

on


In a bid to contain the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic, the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) has suspended services that require interaction with the public, including equating of academic documents.

The services have been suspended until July 18, 2021.

In a Tuesday statement issued by UNEB Executive Secretary, Dan Odongo said only those individuals who had applied for equating of academic documents, and had been given dates for collection of their documents will be handled.

“Only clients who have been notified to come and collect their documents should do so from the UNEB, Ntinda, annex offices just next to the main office. These should fully observe SOPs,” he said.

Documents that must be physically delivered UNEB offices, Odongo said, will be deposited at any of the Board’s security points at the entrance.

“Those that can be mailed, should be sent to the email addresses of the relevant officers or to any of the following email addresses; uneb@uneb.ac.ug or info@uneb.ac.ug,” he added.

Odongo announced that the Board will only render services offered online, specifically, the provision of Letters of Verification of Results (VLS) which is initiated virtually.

Clients who had submitted their requests for any other service will also be served accordingly.

Applicants applying for VLS should submit/ upload an introduction letter from their former school, a valid identity card for the applicant and a police letter in case of a lost or damaged slip/ certificate.

A payment code will then be provided which the applicant can use to pay either via mobile money or through the bank.

Odongo urged clients to ensure that they avail an operational telephone number on the application form where a response message and further guidance will be sent.

The post Uneb Suspends Equating of Academic Documents first appeared on ChimpReports.



Source – chimpreports.com

Advertisement

News

EU citizens in UK to be given 28 days to apply for settled status | Brexit News

Published

on

By


People who miss the June 30 settlement scheme deadline will be issued warnings to apply or risk losing their rights.

European Union citizens living in the United Kingdom will be given a 28-day warning to apply for post-Brexit settled status or face losing some of their rights from next month, the government said on Tuesday.

The UK’s so-called settlement scheme for EU and European Economic Area (EEA) citizens, which opened in early 2019, closes on June 30.

It allows Europeans in the UK to retain the same residence, travel, employment and healthcare rights they had before Brexit.

The rules around the UK’s departure from the bloc, which came into force at the beginning of this year, ended the reciprocal freedom of movement.

About 5.6 million people and their dependents have applied for settled status under the scheme since it was introduced.

But about 400,000 cases still require processing, while many are rushing to submit their applications before next week’s deadline.

At the same time, messaging and outreach campaigns are targeting those who may not be aware of the need to apply by next week’s deadline.

Immigration minister Kevin Foster said anyone whose application was not filed by the deadline would not see their rights immediately withdrawn, as they were protected by law.

But he also ruled out extending the June 30 cutoff point.

“Put simply, extending the deadline is not the solution to reaching those people who have not yet applied, and we would just be in a position further down the line where we would be asked to extend again, creating more uncertainties,” Foster told members of a parliamentary committee.

He added that immigration enforcement officials would instead begin issuing 28-day notices to those yet to apply.

The UK’s Home Office, which oversees immigration, said that applications may also be submitted past the 28-day notice period in some cases.

“We’ll set up the support available and we’ll signpost people to make an application, but we do recognise that there may be some people who, after that 28 days, still haven’t been able to make an application,” a Home Office spokesman said, according to The Guardian newspaper.

“I think we would want to work with them to understand why that is the case, and then support them again to make the application.”

Foster said those who had missed the deadline on reasonable grounds will still be able to apply, citing exceptions such as children whose parents had failed to apply on their behalf, or individuals with a serious illness that had prevented them from filing their paperwork.

The government will also issue a “certificate of application” for those awaiting a decision, he added, which will act as proof of their right to work, rent property, obtain benefits and use the National Health Service.



Source – www.aljazeera.com

Continue Reading

News

Distribution of Mosquito Nets to Markets Traders Commences

Published

on

By


Government has on Wednesday started distributing mosquito nets to traders; starting with the Nakasero market.

The exercise was kick-started with 2000 mosquito nets from Quality Chemicals Limited (QCL).

During his last address to the nation on Friday 18th June 2021, President Yoweri Museveni announced a 42-day lockdown directive, and all food market vendors were asked to stay at their places of work to avoid spreading the disease.

“Food market vendors should revert to the Presidential Directive of March 2020 to stay in their places of work,” he said.

President Museveni also said that the food market vendors were to be provided with mosquito nets and polythene sheets for their protection.

Handing over the donation, Mr. Emmanuel Katongole, a director at Quality Chemicals Limited applauded the market vendors for the sacrifice made when they fled their homes to sleep at workplaces to earn a living for their families and provide food to our communities.

“It is therefore important to us to ensure that they are protected from the harmful mosquitoes that linger in the night. We have donated 2000 mosquito nets to the Ministry of Health who will supply them to the market vendors,” he said

Adding, “I applaud the president and the Ministry of Health for their role in the fight against covid-19. As Quality Chemicals, we decided to contribute towards government efforts in the fight against malaria.”

Upon receipt of the donation on behalf of the Ministry of Health, Dr. Diana Atwine, the Permanent Secretary applauded quality chemicals for a helping hand.

“The women who sleep in the market are about 5000 according to the number that was given to us by Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA). The ministry has also brought 3000 nets to ensure that the population is covered. The nets are to protect them from mosquito bites while you’re asleep,” she said.

She asked them to follow the Standard Operating Procedures to avoid the further spread of Covid-19.

The post Distribution of Mosquito Nets to Markets Traders Commences first appeared on ChimpReports.



Source – chimpreports.com

Continue Reading

News

Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: Heavy casualties reported after airstrike

Published

on

By



Eyewitnesses told the BBC that the Ethiopian air force struck a market near the region’s capital.



Source – www.bbc.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending