Connect with us


Bebe Cool reveals what killed Shortkut



By BigEyeUg Team

For the best odds in town, to win big money.Play here.

Singer Bebe Cool has opened up for the first time regarding his late nephew Allan Masengere aka Shortkut Sojah’s death.

On Monday evening, Bebe Cool revealed that the former Gagamel singer had tested positive for COVID-19, confirming earlier reports that had been circulating online.

Bebe Cool says three COVID-19 tests were conducted on Shortkut, and its on the third one that he tested positive.

Prior to testing positive for COVID-19, Shortkut was battling Tuberculosis of the brain.

Bebe Cool believes that Allan could have contracted the coronavirus from Nsambya hospital since the hospital had registered COVID-19 deaths before Shortkut was admitted.

He further revealed that one of the two nurses who were attending to Shortkut also tested positive for COVID-19.

Read his full statement below.

We were at Nsambya hospital for almost 1 and half months. We did all kinds of health tests on Allan, Nsambya did its first of COVID-19 tests. For a while in the tests, Allan diagonized with Tuberculosis on the brain.

The general turnaround time was, one and a half months in the hospital general ward and 5days in ICU.

Events that led to Allan’s death, I requested KCCA to have another COVID-19 test it being that the hospital had registered two COVID-19 tests in the past days after us being admitted.

They did two COVID-19 tests and all conceded negative.

I asked for another COVID test while in ICU and so it was applied. We expected the results to be back on either Wednesday or Thursday the next week.

Due in the days when the results were pending, Shortkut got a problem with the breathing it being that he had TB on evening and this was on Monday.

Prior we wanted to take him to a different hospital like Mulago but it had not bed nurse for the ICU bed, Norvik hospital had its restrictions and scared of the COVID-19 threat, Nakasero was full.

So here we got stuck at Nsambya for the entire day.

But also, Nsambya ICU was closed because of the past patients in there had succumbed to COVID-19 so it had been sprayed and closed for a while.

We had no option of ICU at Nsambya until Tuesday morning. He wasn’t then fine, he was tired.

We called other hospitals like Victoria hospital formerly known as Cardic hospital and it demanded for a COVID-19 test certificate from us. It being that we possessed the last COVID-19 certificate was 6days old and it was valid, we had to submit the same.

After the boy died, we had no idea that he had succumbed COVID-19 because we had the test certificates and all were negative.

On the same day we travelled to Masaka for burial.

The next day during the funeral I got a call from KCCA telling me that the boy had contracted COVID-19 basing on the last tests done.

Of course I had no authority to deny despite me possessing the last two certificates.

Also, the same nurses and doctors in these hospitals attend likely to different patients.

I was liably informed the next days that one of the nurses who were servicing Allan had tested positive for COVID-19.

This is where Allan might have contracted the pandemic from.

We will keep you posted

Source –