Connect with us

Politics

TWO LDUs Cleared Of Assault Charges

Published

on













TWO LDUs Cleared Of Assault Charges – Uganda Mirror














error: Content is protected !!



Source – ugmirror.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Bobi Wine Refuses to Meet his Lawyers

Published

on

By


Former presidential candidate Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu – Bobi Wine has Tuesday turned down an opportunity to meet with and talk to his lawyers.

The lawyers including Benjamin Katana and Wamenyi were slated to meet that National Unity Platform – NUP principal together with the party Vice Chairperson for Central region Mathias Mpuuga at his home but to the surprise of security forces, he refused to meet them.

“Today, at around 10am, arrangements were made for Hon. Kyagulanyi Ssentamu Robert to meet with his Lawyers, Katana and Wamenyi at his home in Magere. Also scheduled to meet with him was the NUP Vice President for Central Region, Hon Mathias Mpuuga,” Police said.

“Surprisingly, Hon Kyagulanyi refused to meet with them and offered to do so at a later stage.  We maintain that access to lawyers is an invaluable right that we respect and continue to observe,” Police added.

Bobi Wine has been under house confinement since Thursday January 14th, a move Police says is meant to stop him from sparking off riots in Kampala City.

Although Police claims that Bobi Wine is not under arrest, he has since Thursday not been allowed to leave his home.

He has been denied access to any other person a part from those who were at his home by the time of the siege.

Earlier in the day, he disclosed that he is stuck with an 18-months-old kid at his house and that the parents of the kid were blocked from accessing Bobi Wine’s home.

He says they are running out of supplies including food and milk and can’t afford to feed themselves since they are not allowed to leave the house.

Comments

comments





Source – thetowerpost.com

Continue Reading

Politics

Bobi Wine, Barbie Stuck with 18-Month Baby Under House Arrest

Published

on

By


Former Presidential candidate Robert Ssentamu Kyagulanyi – Bobi Wine has said that he is stuck with an 18-month baby at the home in Magere, Wakiso District without food.

Bobi Wine who lost the presidential race to incumbent Yoweri Museveni, 76, has been under house confinement since Thursday January 14th which was polling day.

Whereas he says he is under house arrest, Police says that he is not under arrest although he is not allowed to leave his home and no one is allowed to enter.

“Day six under house arrest and we’re still stuck with an 18-month old baby. Her dad had brought her to visit her auntie (Barbie), he was blocked from picking her up,” Bobi Wine said.

“We have run out of food and milk yet no one is allowed to leave or come into our home,” he added.

Police said on Monday that Bobi Wine and his supporters of the National Unity Platform – NUP were organizing to ferry protestors from Kasese, Jinja, Mbale, Masaka and other districts into Kampala to cause riots and wreak havoc on Kampala residents.

NUP offices in Kamwokya also remain under military siege with no one allowed in.

Police claims they got wind of plans to use the premises to arrange riots that would bring anarchy to the capital Kampala.

On Monday, United States Ambassador Natalie E Brown made an attempt to visit and check on Bobi Wine but was blocked by security forces and sent away.

Several other NUP party officials have made efforts to reach Bobi Wine but all have gone futile.

Comments

comments





Source – thetowerpost.com

Continue Reading

Politics

MTN Uganda Promises to Compensate Data Lost During Internet Shutdown

Published

on

By


Telecommunications company MTN Uganda has promised to compensate Ugandans who were affected during the five-day internet shutdown in the country.

This was revealed by the company’s social media team while responding to an aggrieved customer who was asking for a reimbursement of their data and OTT.

 “Africell, MTN Uganda, Airtel Uganda, UCC Official and other ISPs we want our data bundles and OTT reimbursed for the five days the internet was cut off,” a one Karungi said on Twitter.

In their response, MTN asked the customer to stay calm promising that they would compensate everybody who was affected in the shutdown.

“Y’ello Karungi, we are working to compensate all those who were affected when internet was off. We request for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience caused,” one Cathy, a community manager at MTN Uganda said.

The company however, has not come out to make a public statement confirming the news.

Meanwhile, sister telecom companies Airtel Uganda and Africell Uganda have already started reimbursing customers although not all customers have received data.

The Tower Post understands that at least 400MB of data have been given to some Airtel customers while 750MB have been given to a few Africell customers.

The amount of data that MTN intends to give out as compensation remains unknown.

However, it should be noted that on the day of internet shutdown (Wednesday January 13th, 2021) MTN was running their weekly Gaga Wednesday campaign where data bundles are subsidized.

On the day, the telecom was selling 5GB of data at UGX 6,000 with every subscriber limited to only two bundles (10GB)

Comments

comments





Source – thetowerpost.com

Continue Reading

Trending