Connect with us

Politics

Musician Pallaso on The Run After Escaping From Police While Handcuffed

Published

on



The Uganda Police Force is hunting for musician Pius Mayanja popularly known as Pallaso who escaped with handcuffed after being arrested in the wee hours of Thursday morning after he was found merrymaking and making noise with a group of people at his home in Makindye.

Kampala Metropolitan Deputy Police Spokesperson Luke Owoyesigire confirmed that Pallaso had managed to escape from custody and that they are looking for him on charges of escaping from lawful custody and obstruction.  

“Police has preferred to investigate allegations of obstruction, inciting violence and doing a negligent act likely to spread an infection of a disease,” Owoyesigire noted.

Owoyesigire said that they received a disturbance call from residents of Luwafu Zone in Makindye at around 12:46 am on Thursday morning that a group of unruly people had gathered at Pallaso’s home.

“Our team responded to the scene and found the allegations to be true. A group of over 30 people at Luwafu in the home of Pius Mayanja aka Pallaso had gathered, playing loud music, drinking and not following the safety guidelines issued by the ministry of health on curfew and public gatherings. The team commander reached out to Pallaso and the team to reduce the volume of their music and reminded them of the guidelines that prohibit gatherings similar to theirs,” Owoyesigire said.

He noted that while still addressing the gathering, the group became violent, something that prompted Police to arrest Pallaso and Henry Kasozi.

Pallaso managed to escape but Kasozi is currently detained at Katwe Police Station pending prosecution.



Source – ugmirror.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Nobert Mao Denounces Violence, Calls for Peaceful Transition of Power

Published

on

By


Norbert Mao, the Democratic Party (DP) presidential candidate has denounced violence and pleaded for a peaceful transition of power in Uganda.

Mao said that all voters should stand against the violence that leads to bloodshed and instead embrace a peaceful transition of government from the current leadership of Uganda to a new leadership through the ballots.

He noted that Uganda has not undergone a peaceful handover of power since the overthrow of the governments of Milton Obote and Iddi Amin Dada by coups which led to consequence toppling of power by the National Resistance Army (NRA), now the National Resistance Movement-NRM led by Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.

‘’The reason for this election is to see that Uganda witnesses what it has never witnessed before and that is a change of government without bloodshed,’’ Mao noted.

Mao made the statements during his two separate campaigns in Ongako and Palenga town council all in Omoro district on Wednesday.

His statements come at a time when Uganda is witnessing a wave of deadly violence and protests by people loyal to opposition parties and against the ruling NRM government.

Last week, Betty Aol Ocan, the Leader of Opposition in Parliament (LOP) announced that the opposition would go for ‘’Plan B’’ if the election fails.

Last week police reported that more than 40 people were killed, scores injured and more than 300 arrested following protests against the arrest of presidential hopefuls Robert Kyagulanyi and Patrick Oboi Amuriat of the National Unity Platform and Forum for Democratic Change parties respectively.

Lawrence Okidi, an elder from Palenga town council praised Mao for typically living as a true leader of the Democratic Party who believes in a peaceful transition of power.

Betty Kilama, a voter and contender in Omoro district noted that Mao’s love for peace, intelligence and competence makes him deem to be elected the President of Uganda.

Talking about his manifestos, Mao said that he will improve electricity, roads, education in the northern region and also ensure compensation of those who lost their properties to the government.

Mao is seeking election for presidency alongside ten other candidates.

——————-

URN

Comments

comments





Source – thetowerpost.com

Continue Reading

Politics

I Withdrew to Protect My Supporters, Public from Chaos – Muntu Speaks Out on Foiled Kamwenge Rally

Published

on

By


The Alliance for National Transformation (ANT) presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Mugisha Gregory Muntu has finally opened up on why the police foiled his Kamwenge campaign rally and the reason why he chose to “peacefully withdraw.”

Since the commencement of the campaigns on November 9, Muntu and President Museveni have been known to be the most peaceful candidates, abiding by the set guidelines for conducting campaigns, however, it wasn’t business as usual today in Kamwenge where Police foiled his rally.

His policy, as he has been and continues to preach, is using non-violent and radical means of changing the country leadership as opposed to ‘defiance’ that is always applied by his fellow opposition presidential candidates.

In a statement that he released shortly after the blockade, Muntu admitted that it was their foul for trying to change the campaign venue, after the heavy rains destroyed the initial one.

“As we have done since the start of the campaign season, we headed out to speak with the people in the venue we had earlier in a week before agreed upon with the security agencies. No one anticipated that it would rain as much as it did, making it impossible for us or people to access,” he noted.

“After identifying an alternative place only 100 meters away from the original venue, negotiating with the owner and communicating the same to the public, we headed to the second venue only to be stopped by police,” he added.

He noted that since ANT’s policy is to be reasonable even during unreasonable actions on the side of the state, they engaged police leadership in a civilized, respectable manner with an intention of denying police any chance for injuring his supporters or the general public including himself (Muntu).

Muntu’s campaign meeting was foiled over change of venue.

“They not only intended to frustrate us, but also cause us to act in the ways that would give them an excuse to cause chaos. This was on top of their intimidating the radio we had booked and duly paid to appear on,” he said.

“While we are confident that we are on the right side of both law and reason, we have chosen not to endanger the lives of our supporters or the general public by escalating the situation,” he added.

Muntu vowed that his ANT will do everything humanly possible to avoid a single life being lost or blood being shed on account of his campaign.

He truth remains, the regime’s days are numbered,” he said.



Source – chimpreports.com

Continue Reading

Politics

Amuriat’s Team Involved in Car Accident, Two Dead

Published

on

By


Two people belonging to the Forum For Democratic Change – FDC Presidential candidate Patrick Oboi Amuriat’s campaign team have died on spot after their car was involved in an accident.

The two were part of a team that was travelling on a truck carrying the Presidential Candidate’s Public Address system.

The truck plunged into a valet at Panyamur hill leaving two dead and 15 nursing serious injuries.

 “It is something that has hit us very hard,” Amuriat said.

“We have taken a decision to suspend the campaigns and deal with the causalities while we sympathise and stand with those families that lost their loved ones,” he added.

Amuriat and his FDC team have been combing Northern Uganda for votes as according to the electoral road map issued by the electoral commission.

Comments

comments





Source – thetowerpost.com

Continue Reading

Trending