Connect with us

Lifestyle

1300 entries whittled down to 50 in Sanyu FM “Hot Mic” presenter search

Published

on


When Sanyu FM recently advertised that they were searching for a new presenter in what was dubbed as the Hot Mic, they received over 1,300 entries. These have been whittled down to 50 hopefuls, who will be trimmed to 20 at the next stage.

Sanyu FM’s Programs Director Roger Mugisha the next stage of the competition will be largely social media following, with “Likes” contributing to 60% and the judges contributing 40% of the socre.

“Judges have been reduced to 40%, your 60% will come from your networks around you to support you on our pages. Everyone will be assigned a number, we will know you as ABC No 49” Mugisha told the top 50 contestants who turned up at the Sanyu FM offices at Crane Chambers on Thursday..

“Go tell your friends to tell their friends to support you on our pages we have between now and 15 July,” Mugisha said.

He also urged them to be available all times whenever they are called upon to show up.

“Availability is very important, please don’t enter into this contest when you know you have another project and tomorrow after winning this you are somewhere else.”

He explained that the talent search is free of charge and that thus no one should approach them for a bribe to help them reach the final stage. The winner of ‘Hot Mic’ search will take home cash prize of Shs3m and will also be offered a two year contract as a presenter on Sanyu FM.



Source – www.matookerepublic.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Lifestyle

Sheebah records sex assault statement at Police CID

Published

on

By


By BigEyeUg Team

Songstress Sheebah Karungi yesterday, Tuesday May 17, 2022 recorded a statement at the Uganda Police’s Criminal Investigations Directorate (CID) on her reported sexual assault saga.

The “Nwakata Burungi” singer who has been mute ever since she broke the news on her sexual harassment by one of her clients she claimed to be a ‘role-model’ in Uganda, showed up before Tom Magambo, the Director of Uganda Police’s Criminal Investigations Directorate (CID).

According to close sources, Sheebah filed a case of ‘Indecent assault’ against the yet undisclosed person.

The self-proclaimed ‘Swag Mama’ made it clear that the person in question wasn’t journalist Andrew Mwenda.

Sheebah confirmed that instead saboteurs had been falsely passing wrong information to the public pointing to Andrew Mwenda and other government officials.

Sheebah’s thought to seek Police sparked last week by Andrew Mwenda who was being trolled on social media.

The Commander for Land Forces in the UPDF, Lt. Gen. Muhoozi Kainerugaba, who is also Andrew Mwenda’s close friend assured maximum security to Sheebah in case she feared for her life as she advances seeking justice in this matter.

Sheebah’s bold move has highly been commended gender activists several women both in Uganda and around the world.

We will keep you posted





Source – bigeye.ug

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Not rape but bad touches – Sheebah on her sexual violation incident

Published

on

By


By BigEyeUg Team

Songstress Sheebah Karungi has refuted social media reports that she was raped.

Last week, Sheebah stormed her social media and revealed how she was sexually molested by yet undisclosed fabled person who had booked her to perform at his private party at his home.

Sheebah’s reports stirred countless of comments from all statuses of people as some introduced the ‘rape’ word into the saga.

However, during her press conference on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 the multi-award-winning female singer declined to have been raped.

Sheebah instead claimed to have been inappropriately touched by the man whose name she still refused to disclose.

However, the “Nkwata Bulungi” singer says that she revealed the right name to the Police CID.

I was not raped, but those inappropriate touches are the ones that lead to rape. Also, the names of people you have all been circulating on social media are not the ones, I reported the right person to CID,” Sheebah Karungi said.

Sheebah also confirmed to have recorded a statement at the Uganda Police Criminal Investigations Directorate (CID) with help of its director Tom Magambo.

We will keep you posted



Source – bigeye.ug

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Not rape but bad touches – Sheebah on her sexual violation incident

Published

on

By


By BigEyeUg Team

Songstress Sheebah Karungi has refuted social media reports that she was raped.

Last week, Sheebah stormed her social media and revealed how she was sexually molested by yet undisclosed fabled person who had booked her to perform at his private party at his home.

Sheebah’s reports stirred countless of comments from all statuses of people as some introduced the ‘rape’ word into the saga.

However, during her press conference on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 the multi-award-winning female singer declined to have been raped.

Sheebah instead claimed to have been inappropriately touched by the man whose name she still refused to disclose.

However, the “Nkwata Bulungi” singer says that she revealed the right name to the Police CID.

I was not raped, but those inappropriate touches are the ones that lead to rape. Also, the names of people you have all been circulating on social media are not the ones, I reported the right person to CID,” Sheebah Karungi said.

Sheebah also confirmed to have recorded a statement at the Uganda Police Criminal Investigations Directorate (CID) with help of its director Tom Magambo.

We will keep you posted



Source – bigeye.ug

Continue Reading

Trending